Yesterday’s negotiation and contracting skills won’t work for tomorrow’s deals that demand collaboration and flexibility in a dynamic business world where “business happens.”
This intensive 2-Day course is ideal for individuals who want to take their negotiations and contracting skills to the next level. The highly interactive on-site course provides an intimate Executive Education setting where participants learn cutting edge relational contracting principles that “flips” conventional negotiations on its head – turning any negotiation into a more collaborative contracting exercise.
The program kicks off with participants taking the Getting to We online course (provided free for enrollees – a $475 value) as pre-work. This enables them to learn the basics before they ever enter the classroom. Attendees are then immersed in an intensive 2-Day program where they will learn how to apply a simple 5-step process, getting hands-on experience applying their learnings to a case study where they negotiation and collaboratively construct a contract – including writing six common contract terms such as liability and termination clauses which often pit business partners against each other.
What’s in It for You?
- Understand the why and what of relational contracts.
- Be confident when to use a relational contract.
- Learn a simple 5-step process for creating a relational contract which will enable you to negotiate the foundation of the relationship before negotiating any deal points – essential for creating the environment for non-adversarial negotiations.
- Get hands-on experience turning common controversial contract clauses into clauses that create a more fair and balanced win-win spirit
- Learn how to structure of a relational contract – including.
- Leave with access to soft copies of the entire Getting to We toolkit and resources which you can repeatedly use in future negotiations – including a relational contract template that has proven to effectively help dozens of companies make the shift to relational contracts.
- Network with others also learning progressive contracting skills. The course creates an intimate setting where attendees learn from each other. Attendees can opt to join a more formal network for continued learning after the course ends.
The Collaborative Contracting Course is a 2-day class that is offered as both an open enrollment class and a private class delivered on-site to teams needing to sharpen their collaborative contracting skills.
The University of Tennessee offers the 2-Day Collaborative Contracting Executive Education course in both open enrollment and private/customized options.
Open Enrollment Course Dates
Virtual (Zoom) Course : Course will consist of 5 sessions of roughly 3.5 hours
- November 9, 11, 13, 17, and 19th 2020
Tuition: $1,975 or $987.50 for repeat participants. Group pricing is available with 15% discount for a group of three or more. Please contact Mike Watts ([email protected] ) for availability and registration assistance.
- Due to Covid 19 all in-person courses have been converted to Virtual sessions
Tuition: $2,250 or $1,125 for repeat participants. Group pricing is available with 10% discount for a group of 3-4 and 15% discount for a group of five or more. Tuition includes meals and lodging. Please contact Mike Watts ([email protected] ) for availability and registration assistance.
- June 15 – 16 2020
- December 2 – 3, 2020
This course is hosted by NEVI – the Dutch Association for Purchasing Management. Please contact Mike Watts ( [email protected] ) for availability and registration assistance.
Private/Customized Course Options
The private course option is ideal if you have over 17 people. Mike Watts – program Chief of Staff – can work with you to give you a firm cost for a private course for your situation.
“HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO DO THE PRE-WORK?”
The pre-work consists of the Getting to We self-paced online course modules. Plan on spending 4 hours to complete the pre-work. You will get access to the pre-work after you register and the pre-work can be accessed anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Attendees typically start the pre-work 2-3 weeks before the course start date.
“I NEED HELP REGISTERING”
Reach out Mike Watts – program Chief of Staff – who can answer questions and provide personalized help in getting registered. Mike can be reached at [email protected] .
“CAN MY COMPANY PAY FOR THE COURSE WITH A PURCHASE ORDER”
Most individuals simply pay for the open enrollment course with a credit card. However, we can arrange for you to pay via a Purchase Order. Please Reach out Mike Watts – program Chief of Staff – who can answer questions so UT can properly invoice you. [email protected] .
“HOW MUCH DOES A PRIVATE COURSE COST?”
The breakeven for doing a private course is typically 15 people, but it depends on the location and hosting arrangements. Mike Watts – program Chief of Staff – can work with you to give you a firm cost for a private course for your situation.
“THE DETAILS OF OUR RELATIONSHIP AND CONTRACT ARE CONFIDENTIAL. HOW CAN YOU ENSURE CONFIDENTIALITY DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT REALPLAY® SESSIONS?”
This course does not include RealPlay® exercises. Rather we use a case study where individuals role play (vs. RealPlay). However, private course can be customized to integrate RealPlay – applying collaborative contracting skills to your unique situation. If you do choose a customized course, Mike Watts – program Chief of Staff – will coordinate a planning session. A customization fee may apply based on your unique situation.